Welcome To
Acadia Broadcasting NewsThe Latest and Greatest ContentYour Trusted Local Source


Aylesford man dies in house fire

By Joe Thomson Aug 22, 2023 | 2:35 PM

liz west / CC

An 83-year-old man died in a housefire in Aylesford this morning.

It happened at a house on Sandy Court and a neighbour says it started when a window air conditioning unit caught fire. The neighbour put out the fire before first responders arrived at the scene, but he couldn’t enter the home due to heavy smoke. Officials say the fire was contained to one room of the house.

When crews got to the scene at around 7:05 a.m. they were able to locate the 83-year-old man inside the home and managed to rescue him from the building. He was transported to hospital by ambulance where he was sadly pronounced dead.

Officials don’t believe the fire is suspicious, but an investigation is ongoing led by the RCMP and the Nova Scotia Fire Marshal’s Office.


Leave a Reply