Welcome To
Acadia Broadcasting NewsThe Latest and Greatest ContentYour Trusted Local Source


Small fire at Crossroads School

By Randy Thoms Jun 23, 2023 | 4:20 PM

Crossroads School. File photo. Image: Randy Thoms/Acadia Broadcasting

A real fire drill for students at Crossroads School in Devlin.

They were forced to evacuate their school yesterday afternoon at around 2 p.m. after a small fire broke out in a kitchen.

Chapple, Emo and La Vallee Fire and Emergency Services report a stove knob was accidentally turned on with boxes on top.

The blaze was tackled by a staff member using a fire extinguisher while students safely evacuated.

Members of the LaVallee and Emo Fire Departments arrived on the scene and used fans to move smoke out of the building.

A post on the Services’ Facebook page credits staff for “an amazing job of evacuating everyone, and their quick work with a fire extinguisher was effective.”


At 1:54pm this afternoon, LaVallee Fire was called to CROSSROADS SCHOOL for a general fire alarm. It was quickly…

Posted by Chapple, Emo & La Vallee Fire & Emergency Services on Thursday, June 22, 2023


Leave a Reply