Welcome To
Acadia Broadcasting NewsThe Latest and Greatest ContentYour Trusted Local Source


Redditt Fire Hall Gets A Funding Boost

By Tim Davidson Feb 13, 2023 | 1:59 PM

The Redditt Fire Hall is getting a complete overhaul.

That’s thanks to a $180,000 grant from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund.

Kenora-Rainy River MPP and chair of the Northern Heritage Fund Board, announced the funding last week.

Fire chief Rick Hunt expects the work will start in April.

“We have a bathroom now…it’s going to be completely renovated,” says Hunt during a tour of the fire hall.

“Both truck bays, on both sides, the ceiling and walls, are going to be done in white metal.  The floor is going to be ground and smoothed off with an epoxy finish with lines painted in it, the fluorescent lines for backing the vehicles in and out.”

Hunt adds the renovations will enhance what they can do, especially for training their volunteers.

“It’s going to completely overhaul the fire department to make it more functional…easier for us to train.  And the other thing is we don’t want the building falling down.  There comes a time when their has to be money put into the building.”

Hunt says they also plan to replace the doors for the truck bays and create an office space, new, brighter lighting, as well as other outside work on the building.

The Northern Ontario Heritage Fund is providing 90 percent of the funding for the renovations and the Redditt Local Services Board and the Fire Department are contributing the other 10 percent.


Leave a Reply