Welcome To
Acadia Broadcasting NewsThe Latest and Greatest ContentYour Trusted Local Source


Fire Damages Amelia Street Home

By Adam Riley Jan 22, 2023 | 4:01 PM

Katy / CC

Unattended candles are to blame for a fire which has displaced the residents of a home on Amelia Street Saturday.

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue were called to the home shortly after 10:30 a.m. to following a 911 call of a bedroom fire.

Initial fire crews could see heavy smoke coming from a window at the rear of the building and crews began an exterior attack.

Upon arrival additional fire fighters entered the building and extinguished any flames inside the structure.

The bedroom suffered heavy fire damage while the rest of the home suffered extensive smoke and water damage, and as a result four tenants inside the home have been displaced.

Fortunately no injuries were reported.

TBFR wants to remind residents to use caution when using candles as well as to make sure smoke alarms are both working and installed outside of bedrooms.


Leave a Reply