Welcome To
Acadia Broadcasting NewsThe Latest and Greatest ContentYour Trusted Local Source


CN train travels near Fort Frances. January 2023. Image: Randy Thoms

Trans-Border Trade Rises

By Randy Thoms Jan 9, 2023 | 1:53 PM

The Fort Frances-International Falls border continues to be one of the busiest in terms of trans-border trade.

Almost $1.3 million in goods passed through the border in November.

That is a 3.9 per cent increase over the previous year.

A total of 73 per cent went into the U.S., with the other 27 per cent delivered to Canada.

Nearly all of the goods came by rail.

The numbers put the area border as the third busiest northern border, behind Detroit-Windsor and Port Huron-Sarnia.


Leave a Reply