Welcome To
Acadia Broadcasting NewsThe Latest and Greatest ContentYour Trusted Local Source


5 Taken To Hospital For Carbon Monoxide

By Adam Riley Jan 5, 2023 | 7:15 PM

Thunder Bay Fire and Rescue were called to a Victoria Avenue East residence Wednesday to a report of an unconscious person.

The first crew arriving on scene discovered two occupants of the building unconscious inside the building and brought them outside to paramedics from Superior North EMS for care.

Three other occupants walked out on their own strength but were taken to hospital for treatment and care.

Using air monitoring equipment fire fighters were able to determine there were high levels of carbon monoxide inside the home.

Workers from Enbridge Gas attended the property and found a faulty gas fired appliance as the cause.

The property owner has been given a $360 ticket for failing to install a carbon monoxide alarm, which is a requirement. A Fire Code Inspection Order was also served on the property owner.

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue wants to remind residents it is against the law to not have working smoke alarms on every level of a home and outside all sleeping areas. CO alarms are required in the same locations if the home has a fuel fired appliance, fireplace or an attached garage.


Leave a Reply