×
Welcome To
Acadia Broadcasting NewsThe Latest and Greatest ContentYour Trusted Local Source

Newsroom

The NB Power head office in Fredericton. Image: Submitted/NB Power

Power restored after outage affects thousands in Greater Moncton

By Alex Allan Sep 8, 2025 | 9:00 PM

NB Power says electricity has been restored to all customers affected by an unplanned outage in the Greater Moncton area on Monday.

At its peak, more than 9,300 homes and businesses were without electricity.

The outage impacted areas including Riverview, Lower Coverdale, Pine Glen and Stoney Creek.

NB Power said earlier in the day that power would be restored by 6 p.m., and confirmed in a social media post around 8:40 p.m. that all affected customers had their service back.

The utility has not released any details about the cause of the outage.