×
Welcome To
Acadia Broadcasting NewsThe Latest and Greatest ContentYour Trusted Local Source

Newsroom

Transit van. Image: Randy Thoms/Acadia Broadcasting

Kings Transit in Digby discontinued over fiscal restraints

By Caitlin Snow Jul 9, 2025 | 7:55 PM

The Town of Digby says the decision to discontinue Kings Transit was due to fiscal restraints.

The town announced it was ending the service earlier this week.

In a statement the town says it applies only to service within the town and that the move was made by council after careful consideration.

It does not affect the Municipality of the District of Digby for Conway, Weymouth or Cornwallis.

The Town of Digby says they remain open to exploring more affordable transit options.

The changes take effect August 1.