Welcome To
Acadia Broadcasting NewsThe Latest and Greatest ContentYour Trusted Local Source


(Classroom via Acadia File)

5 elementary students taken to hospital after eating edible cannabis at school

By Caitlin Snow Mar 21, 2024 | 1:37 PM

A handful of students from Springvale Elementary were taken to hospital after eating edible cannabis.

Police say it was Wednesday afternoon when officers arrived at the Halifax school in relation to a suspected ‘drug ingestion’ by a number of students.

Packages of labeled cannabis edibles were brought into the school by one of the students, from home, who shared them with four other classmates.

Communications Officer from Halifax Regional Centre for Education, Lindsey Bunin says, the students became ill and ‘required medical attention.”

“This incident represents an opportunity to talk to children about the importance of not sharing food/drink with other students, and not accepting food/drink from other students.”

Police are continuing to investigate.