Welcome To
Acadia Broadcasting NewsThe Latest and Greatest ContentYour Trusted Local Source


Cosmetic mirror nearly causes house fire in Dayspring

By Evan Taylor Jan 26, 2024 | 5:56 AM

A magnifying mirror started a fire at a home in the community of Dayspring recently prompting the fire department to issue a post on how to ensure they're used safely. Photo: Submitted to Dayspring FD.

The Dayspring Fire Department is advising homeowners of the risks of magnifying mirrors after one nearly caused a house fire in their community.

A community member who wishes to remain anonymous contacted the fire department and provided them with images that showed a charred window frame next to a magnifying mirror in the bathroom.

Fortunately, the homeowners were home when the incident occurred and were able to extinguish the fire before it could spread further.

These types of mirrors have become more prevalent in homes in recent years- often marketed as makeup or shaving mirrors.

Upon seeing the images Dayspring FD issued a post on how to minimize the risk from these mirrors, noting that they should be kept out of direct sunlight or they should be covered with a small towel while not in use.