A 50-year-old man from Basswood Ridge has been charged following a traffic stop and a seizure of illegal firearms.
On Thursday, RCMP stopped a vehicle travelling on Highway 740 in Heathland.
Police arrested the driver and sole occupant of the vehicle.
Officers also seized two rifles, a loaded and prohibited handgun, and ammunition from the vehicle.
On Friday, the man appeared in Saint John Provincial Court and was charged with:
- Three counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- Unauthorized possession of a loaded prohibited firearm
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Failure to comply with a release order
- Driving with a suspended license