Welcome To
Acadia Broadcasting NewsThe Latest and Greatest ContentYour Trusted Local Source


Image: Tara Clow

Kitchen fire on Derby Street leaves several residents displaced

By Tara Clow Oct 5, 2023 | 7:17 AM

Five adults have been temporarily displaced after a fire in a Moncton home.

The Canadian Red Cross says the kitchen fire broke out at around 3 pm Wednesday afternoon in a one-and-a-half-storey residence on Derby Street.

There is smoke and water damage in the home.

The Red Cross arranged meals and other emergency items…while the landlord is hoping to secure alternate accommodations by the weekend.

Luckily no one was hurt.